Autumn

The temps are dropping here in Southern Italy. Highs right at 80 F, lows in the 50's. I still haven't managed to be able to do the mental F to C conversion yet. I wish the states would go to the metric system like everyone else...or at least make it mandatory for students to know...it's difficult sometimes for an American in Europe...We should try to fit in with the world instead of making it change for us...anyway, I'm putting away my soapbox...

I love autumn. It's my favorite time of year. Every year it signals changes in my personal philosophies...especially when I was pagan. Now that I'm returning to catholicism, it's the same. My daughter wants to be catholic now. She's been going to mass with me and has made the decision on her own. I spoke to the parish priest yesterday and she'll have her first communion and be confirmed at the same time at Easter, even though she is only 9. She's so content with her decision...I'm jealous of that serenity she gets. But then she's always been my happy, content little christian, even when I was searching and confused. I guess some of us are just born knowing. I hope it stays that way for her.

Autumn also brings exhaustion to me with a return to Sara's extracurricular activities. This year it's soccer (football to my non american readers)and Brownie Scouts. I've limited her to two activities this year. She had three last year and it wiped us out..we walk everywhere and the extra excercize was a bit overkill.

Anyway, I found it interesting that the youth center held a draft for soccer...tryouts if you will. It was done strictly for placement for what they said, but it seemed odd for these kids to have to "try out." I'm told that she'll never be Pele, but she should have fun.

It's also back to walking at night for me...I've got to lose these extra 40 lbs that I'm carrying around. It's insanely difficult to do here..in the land of wine and cheese. Especially with this event coming up...


Trying to head for rome next week as well...

1 comments:

Crystal Jigsaw said...

Good luck with the weight loss. I am trying to lose about 2 stone! Not sure what the equivalent is in pounds. It is hard wherever you are especially if you like chocolate.

Crystal xx

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you...thanks for leaving a message!