SciFi test, stitch update, etc.

So there will be no stitch update this week, since it was a busy one. Sure, I had to time stitch, but I find myself with stitching block. I think I've been working so single-mindedly on Tuscany town and have grown a little tired of it. I think I'll go back to rotation stitching instead of screaming on one. I'll do one of the long dogs this week.

Sara and myself went to Rome on Wednsday. It was a USO trip to Vatican city. I have pictures, but can't figure out how to get them off our new camcorder...my computer won't recognize the usb connection, so I'll have Scott check it out when he gets back from his overnight trip with the band to Bari. Anyway, we didn't see much...we saw the Sistene chapel and a small portion of the museum. The tour didn't leave much time...it was way too rushed. The chapel was beautiful as expected....a bit marred by the 19,000 people in there (not that many at once...a bit of an exaggeration, but it seemed like it, and that's the average number of visitors per day.) We didn't have time to visit the basilica....the line to get through security was too long.

Friday night the girls and I went to the Oktoberfest on the NATO base nearby. Very much fun and beer were had by all. Predictably, the band was awful. I'm on the right.



My results on the scifi quiz. Not as big of a geek as I thought I was:



Your Score: You know Sci-Fi


Your Sci-Q is 63!




You know your Sci-Fi!



You probably like Sci-Fi in general, and own at least a few Sci-Fi movies or Sci-Fi books. You probably look forward to seeing a good Sci-Fi movie now and again. But Sci-Fi isn't your life. This is a good place to be because it also means that you probably aren't a rabid crazy fan. There are other things that hold your interest and occupy those valuable brain cells.

If you would like to expand your Sci-Fi knowledge and viewing (or revisit some classics) then consider watching the following movies.



Dark City

The Abyss

Ghost In The Shell

Blade Runner

THX-1138

TRON




Link: The Intergalactic Sci-Fi Movie Test written by tech_art_nature on OkCupid Free Online Dating, home of the The Dating Persona Test

2 comments:

tkdchick said...

I look forward to your piccies when you cat get them onto the computer!

Crystal Jigsaw said...

Great photo! I used to love Star Trek. I had an American friend (work associate turned personal friend, might blog about him one day, hmmm!). Anyway, he was a true Trekky and I watched it avidly just to keep up! We lost touch and I stopped watching ST!

Crystal xx

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you...thanks for leaving a message!