Crock Pot Wednsday: Italian beef Sandwiches


 

This week I made Italian beef sandwiches on toasted hoagie rolls.  This dish is dead easy and a crowd pleaser.  I lie to serve with horseradish sauce and sweet potato fries on the side...the leftovers go great on noodles, on rice, on tortillas...you get the idea. Recipe and process after the jump...


 Start with one chuck roast...whatever side you need, but if it's really big you may want to double the sauce. Put it in the crock pot.

 Mix together 2 cups of beef stock


1/4 c apple cider

Italian dressing mix..

Onion soup mix

1 tbsp italian herb mix.

Mix together well..

and pour over roast.  Cook according to your crock pot's specifications.  I did mine 6 hours on medium.

When it's falling apart, take it out and shred it.

Throw it back in the broth with a cornstarch slurry of about 1-2 tsp cornstarch/ 1/4 c of water. Turn up to high and let it simmer while you do the rolls.
Butter a pack of rolls on the inside..Heat your pan on the stove until it's HOT!!

Toast on stove.

Serve your beef on the rolls...delish! Visit Dining With Debbie for more entries!
1 chuck roast
2 c beef stock
1 packet Italian dressing mix
1 packet Lipton onion soup mix
1 tbsp Italian herb mix
1/4 c cider vinegar
1-2 tsp corn starch
1/4 c water
6 hoagie rolls
butter

Place roast in Crock Pot.  In another bowl mix next 5 ingredients.  Pour mix over roast and cook until it falls apart.  Shred, return to pot with cornstarch/water slurry.  Simmer on high until thickened.  Meanwhile, spread one side of roll with butter and toast on pan on high until toasted.  Serve beef on rolls.







2 comments:

The Packet Queen said...

These look so delicious and I am going to make them as soon as I get a good price on a nice big roast!!! Thanks for posting!

heartnsoulcooking said...

What a GREAT!!! recipe. I like all the added mixes in this recipe.
I have become a follower of your blog. I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico and I see you live in Naples, Italy. I also like to read, cook and cross stitch. I love to share recipe and get to know people from all over. Come by and visit my blog and maybe do the same.
Geri

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you...thanks for leaving a message!