FNCC: Paula Deen's Pumpkin Bars


The chef for this week is Paula Deen and her sons, so I chose her pumpkin bars.  These were easy to make and delicious!









Grab your ingredients..












Grab your new mixer...not the Kitchenaid that I want but it'll do...











Mix the oil, eggs, sugar and pumpkin until light and fluffy...











Sift your dry ingredients together...












Mix in the dry stuff...












Spread batter into  pan.  Put in preheated 350 degree oven.











Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.











Frosting ingredients...












Mix cream cheese and butter on medium speed until fluffy.











Add 2 cups of confectioners sugar..












Then add 1 tbsp vanilla. Mix until light and fluffy.












Spread over bars, then cut into squares and serve!












Yummy!











Pumpkin Bars

  • 4 eggs
  • 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 cup vegeteble oil
  • 15-ounce can pumpkin
  • 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda

Icing:

  • 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Using an electric mixer at medium speed, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy. Stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix at low speed until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth. Spread the batter into a greased 13 by 10-inch baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting. Cut into bars.
To make the icing: Combine the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sugar and mix at low speed until combined. Stir in the vanilla and mix again. Spread on cooled pumpkin bars.





11 comments:

Velva said...

Anything Paula Deen is always delicious! These pumpkin bars are just divine!

By the way, like the mixer!

Sarah said...

What a great fall recipe. I love pumpkin (which reminds me that I have to stock up now, as I have heard there is a shoratge this year. anyone know if that's true??). I can imagine that Paula's pumpkin bars are devine. And addictive :) Thanks for joining along with the FNCCC this week. Can't wiat to see what you choose for next week!

mub said...

These look so yummmmmy. I have to ask though, were you actually able to find canned pumpkin in Italy? I can find it at a couple of expat shops here in NL but it's so expensive that I just haven't been able to cough up the cash for them *L*

SnoWhite said...

awesome! I have all those ingredients around... might have to make a small batch of them :)

newlyweds said...

These look excellent, I just love pumpkin anything. Thanks for the step by step photos.

Gina said...

Thanks everyone for your comments!

Mub: I have found canned pumpkin on base here at the commissary...haven't seen it off on the economy. I imagine you'd have to buy pumpkins and cook them?

Lucy Marie said...

Yum! Anything pumpkin is fine by me.

Susie said...

What a great seasonal pick!

Tanya said...

That looks great:) I love pumpkin.

The First-Year Wife said...

This is perfect timing for pumpkin bars! They just scream fall to me! Yum.

Alisa@Foodista said...

I'm really loving your recipes here and this is exactly what I've been looking for :)I'd love to guide our readers to your site if you won't mind.Just add your choice of foodista widget to this post and it's all set, Thanks!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you...thanks for leaving a message!