Food Network Challenge: Anne Burrell Asian Marinated Grilled Pork Tenderloin



This is a fun challenge hosted by I Blame My MOther...each week we take a recipe by one of the Food Network Chefs and recreate it.  This past week's chef (I'm playing catch up) was Anne Burrell...and I decided to make her Asian Marintate Grilled Pork Tenderloin.  I chose thick cut pork tenderloin steaks instead of whole loins because we like those better and they fit better in the George Foreman Grill that I have to use, since Navy House says NO to charcoal grills here.

First chop up green onions,  ginger and garlic.



 
 

I put these and the ginger, garlic, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, chili oil and orange zest in a mini food processor that I have and pulse a few times to combine.

 
 



I used low sodium soy sauce because some of the recipe commenters stated that the marinade could be too salty...also I cant buy hot chili sauce, so I used a few drops of some super hot chili oil that is available here in Italy.  Also, I used the McCormick dried orange zest in lieu of fresh...I used a tsp.

 


Pour the green onions and marinade over the pork and let sit at room temp for 2 hours. 

 

Remove pork from marinade and put marinade in a small sauce pan.  Boil this well to kill any bacteria so you can use as a sauce for the pork.

 

Toast 2 tbsp of coriander seed, the grind by your chosen method.  I have a good ole fashioned mortar and pestle.  Sprinkle both sides  of the meat with the ground seeds.




 

 

Grill pork to desired doneness...on a regular grill you'll want to brown on all sides the move from direct heat and cook for approximately 10-12 minutes.

 

Serve with sauce on the side.  I'll serve this with Pioneer Woman's Simply Sesame Noodles and green beans.



For the noodles:

Chop 3 cloves of garlic...

 


Combine with  soy sauce...
 

sugar..

 

rice vinegar..



pure sesame oil..

 

hot chile oil...

 

canola oil (to build up bulk) and hot water. Whisk together and set aside.

 

Boil 12 oz of noodles, preferably asian, but like Ree, I used thin spaghetti. Drain, pour into bowl and pour dressing over.  Chop 3 green onions thinly and add to bowl, then toss.

 

Voila!




The finished meal:






Thanks to Ree the Pioneer woman and Anne Burrell at Food Network for two fantastic recipes!  The hyperlinks above will take you to the recipes...

1 comments:

SnoWhite said...

looks quite tasty! Can't wait to see what you cook up for next week :)

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you...thanks for leaving a message!