Menu Plan Monday


It has been such a busy, wonderful weekend that I almost forgot to post this!  We spent Saturday north of Rome in a small castle town named Orvieto.  It's a walled town on a hill and the views and scenery were stunning:





On Sunday we had some wonderful friends who have just returned to Italy over for dinner and it was a wonderful evening with great food, wine and pictionary (we won both games..)

On to the menu:

Monday:  I'm doing a pulled pork in the crock pot to be served with sweet potato fries and cole slaw.  Doing this ahead for Crock Pot wednsday.

Tuesday:  Another crock pot day, I'm making a lasagna in the crock pot. This will also be a future crock pot Wednesday...I'm also making Paula's pumpkin bars as part of the Food Network Chef's Challenge.

Wednesday:  Roasted Sausage and Potatoes that I found at Sweet and Savory's blog.  Salad to go with.  We'll eat early, before taking the kids to see The Sesame Street Live Experience for Military Famlies.

Thursday: Breakfast for dinner: Quiche Lorraine that I found at The Smitten Kitchen along with a fruit salad.

Friday:  Sliders on buns made from my Challah dough recipe of Peter Reinharts...Other bloggers have raved about  this dough as hamburger buns...served with fries.

Saturday:  Grocery shopping day for the next week.  Adapting this recipe for Plum Sauced Chicken Wings (scroll down) and instead using chicken thighs on skewers.  Served with Brown Rice and Asian Veg mix.  Also that day I will be baking an apple pie for the Have the Cake October challenge... then I'll finally be caught up!

Have a great week everyone!  See more menu plans at Org Junkie....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you...thanks for leaving a message!