Chicken Hoisin Skewers or The Best Laid Plans




So it was my intention to make my usual hoisin sau
ce skewers, where I mix premade hoisin sauce, brown sugar and soy sauce to brush over skewers...I went into the cabinet to get the ingredients and lo and behold: no hoisin.  I went looking online and found a recipe at CD Kitchen for hoisin sauce so I gave it a whirl.  Boy was I glad I did...these were delicious!  Like satay...very peanutty and good.  Add more spice if you like...ours were tame due to the kids.

Marinade ingredients:
4 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons peanut butter or black bean paste
1 tablespoon honey or molasses or brown sugar
2 teaspoons white vinegar
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons sesame oil
20 drops chinese hot sauce, habenero or jalepeno
1/8 teaspoon black pepper.



Mix all of the above and pour over cubed chicken breast.  











Thread chicken on to skewers...












Grill until juices run clear...












Bon Appetit! 

1 comments:

heartnsoulcooking said...

What a GREAT!!! combination of favors.
Geri

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you...thanks for leaving a message!