Chicken Rollatini



These little bundles are deceptively easy and so delicious.  Oozing with pesto and mozzarella, they go well witl pasta, rice...anything! I served with couscous and broccolli.  This was my first time making pesto...and I don't know why I haven't before.  It was so easy and tasty!. 


Basil...process a few pulses...











Throw into the basil one squashed garlic clove..











Some toasted pine nuts...











And olive oil, salt and pepper. Process until fine...












Then take some parmesan and stir it in..










I could just eat this with a spoon...










I made half of the chicken with the above basil pesto...and the other half with this tomato pesto:














Pound your chicken breast flat...










Then top with pesto:

Then mozzarella...I forgot to shoot a picture of the tomato one with the cheese:



Roll up into a little bundle:


Bake for 30 minutes at 350 or until chicken is done.

Oh baby...
Come to me....







2 comments:

heartnsoulcooking said...

WOW!!! what a AWESOME!!! recipe. I like the idea of the roasted pine nuts.
Geri

S. Woods said...

I really like the Chicken roll-up with the Sun Dried Tomatoes...WOW!!! I was also glad to see that you could get REAL Sweet potatoes at the Commisary, years ago I was stationed at Aviano and all we could get were canned and they sold out fast!!! Continued success with the Cooking Blog, it looks Great!!! HAve a good Veteran's Day!!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you...thanks for leaving a message!