FNCC Challenge: Daisy Martines Grilled Skirt Steak Churrasuco


The chef for this week's challenge is Daisy Martinez.  She hosts a show entitled "Viva Daisy" after having been an actess and model.  Yes, another "chef" that I have doubts about the credibility of, however the recipe I chose made me change my mind.




I made her Grilled Skirt Steak (Churrasuco) and it was fabulous, although I did make one change...delicious, and the garlic was so spicy.  I'll definitely make this again...


First the meat:  Our commissary here doesn't stock skirt steak, so instead I chose some top sirloin steaks.










Seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder since I forgot to buy onion powder, which is what the recipe calls for.









Sprinkle with white wine vinegar and brush with olive oil.  Let marinate for at least half an hour.










Grilled on the George Foreman grill for 5 minutes..  Cook to your desired doneness.









To make the sauce:

Grab 4 cups of  parsley.  The packs sold here are from the Italian economy.










Also grab 6 cloves of garlic...One had a blemish..cut that off.










Put the parsley and garlic in the food processor...












Process until fine.  It's amazing mow much the parsley breaks down.











Scoop out into a bowl and add 1/2 cup of Olive Oil...









A fourth cup of red wine vinegar...











Salt....I just love action shots...












Fresh ground pepper...










Mix it all up until it's happy...












Serve on top of the steaks..muy delicioso!  All of those garlic cloves really make the sauce peppery!









Join us for next week's challenge: Danny Boome, yet another chef I'm unfamiliar with.

8 comments:

mub said...

Hmm, this one looks like it's getting mixed reviews! I don't know if I like parsley enough to go for this one, but the steak looks good *L*

Sarah said...

Pretty pictures! Looks easy enough. I grow parsley but don't ever use it. Maybe I need to make this just to see if I like it or not. Did you use the curly or flat leaf kind?

Thanks for cooking with FNCCC!

Beside the point....What's it like living in Italy? Have you been there long? I would LOVE to visit there.

Gina said...

Mub: It's definitely worth trying. I've had the sauce on chicken before as well.delicious!

Sarah: Thanks! I used flat leaf parsley...try it and let me know how you liked it! Living in Italy is different, sometimes hard, but has been a wonderful experience. We'll be returning to the US in December.

newlyweds said...

Great job, so glad you guys enjoyed it!

Susie said...

That looks and sounds good and easy too!

SnoWhite said...

that looks great!!

Velva said...

Those steaks are really packing a flavor punch. The parsley sauce blended with the garlic is just divine.

Hey, I see you are heading back to the states in December. Are you excited ? What an amazing opportunity to spend time in Italy.

Gina said...

Yes, it has been an amazing experience but I am SO ready to go back to the US! Jacksonville here we come!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you...thanks for leaving a message!