FNCC Challenge: Danny Boome



This week's FNCC is using a recipe from Danny Boome, the Rescue Chef!  Finally!  A FN chef that I recognize.  He's done some pretty delicious things on his show, so I was happy to peruse his recipe file, where I found this little gem, Honey and Mustard Shrimp Skewers.  

Delicious recipe that really couldn't be any simpler or healthier.

Thread skewers with shrimp and wedges of lime and lemon while your grill heats.  I used the George Foreman indoor grill as usual.

Mix dijon mustard (I used the really grainy stone ground type) and honey.  Set aside.

Grill skewers a few minutes until done (took 4 minutes on the indoor grill) then paint with the  honey mustard mix.

Delicious! Only one recommendation...I found them a tad bitter, next time I"ll squeeze the lemon and lime over the skewers before grilling instead of threading them on.

Honey and Mustard Shrimp Skewers
Adapted from Danny Boome's recipe at foodnetwork.com

Ingredients

  • Wooden skewers

Shrimp:

  • 3 limes, cut into 8 wedges
  • 3 lemons, cut into 8 wedges
  • 18 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
  • Olive oil, for brushing

Sweet Chili Dip:

  • 2 tablespoons clear honey
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • Pinch crushed red pepper flakes

Directions

For the shrimp: Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes. Skewer the lemons and limes with 2 to 3 large shrimp on each stick. Brush with oil so they don't stick to the grill. Either sear on a hot BBQ or under the broiler until shrimp is cooked, about 5 to 7 minutes.


Join us next week for another entry in the challenge....Next week's chef is Dave Lieberman...
For the chili dip: In a small bowl mix the honey, mustard, and crushed red pepper flakes. Brush over cooked kebabs and serve.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

This looks great. Simple ingredients, nice flavors. I am trying to get my kids to eat more seafood and skewers might be the way to go with shrimp. Why do kids like everything better if they are eating it off a stick? Thanks for cooking along! Hope your move goes smoothly!

newlyweds said...

Oh these look delicious. And like you said simple. Yum! Hope your move goes well.

Kristen said...

Shrimp is one of the few solid proteins I can get kidlet to eat right now (he rejects chicken, beef, etc), and who doesn't like eating off a stick!

Thanks for reviewing this one!

Susie said...

That looks REALLY good!

Ticia said...

hmmmm I might make use of the marinade, I'm not a shrimp person, but the marinade sounds yummy

mub said...

Maybe I should try eating shrimp off a stick and see if I like it better *L* Though, to be fair I like the -flavor- of shrimp... just not the texture!

SnoWhite said...

if I liked shrimp, this would be one I'd make -- the photos look delicious!

Debbie said...

This looks really good. I may be giving it a try after Thanksgiving. We just came home from a trip to the beach and the seafood market:) Hooray:) Come join me for Crock Pot Wednesday sometime.

Velva said...

Gina, your honey and mustard shrimp skewers look fabulous. I am saving this recipe!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you...thanks for leaving a message!