Spiced Pork Chops with Red Cabbage







I'm sure that I've waxed philosophical about my love for fall and fall foods before...no?  Well, I love it!  Pumpkin, spices, soups, stews....what's not to love? The cooling days make me want to stay in my kitchen in front of the stove all day.

Here's a recipe I found at Lindsey's Kitchen that just looked like it would be a delight...and it was.  Spicy, succulent pork, tangy cabbage and sweet raisins.  Perfect.  I made one minor adjustment in that I cooked the pork on my indoor grill instead of pan frying to same some calories from the olive oil.  It was delicious!


Season and grill pork...















Meanwhile saute cabbage and onions with vinegar, water, salt and pepper.









Served with Pierogies...













 Spiced Pork and Red Cabbage

Adapted from Real Simple
 

Ingredients
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
2 bone-in pork rib chops (about 1 inch thick; 1 lb total)
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning(I get mine from Penzey's)
Kosher Salt and Black Pepper
1/2 yellow onion, sliced
1/4 small head red cabbage, thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
1/4 cup golden raisins
1/8 cup red wine vinegar
1/8 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley

Directions

Heat 1/2 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the pork with the cumin, poultry seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper and cook until browned and cooked through, 6-8 minutes per side.

Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a second large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the onion, stirring occasionally, until softened,3 to 4 minutes. Add the cabbage, raisins, vinegar, 1/8 cup water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cook, covered, tossing occasionally, until just tender, 6-8 minutes, stir in the parsley, Serve with the pork.

1 comments:

heartnsoulcooking said...

Another GREAT!!! recipe. Cumin is a wonderful spice.
Geri

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you...thanks for leaving a message!