Chocolate Cherry Macaroons: How to clean out a cabinet before moving



I have a problem:  Too much stuff in the pantry that I want to use up and not enough time to do so in.  Big problem, eh.  Thanks for the sympathy...no really, stop laughing.

Anyway, armed with this mission and a killer sweet tooth, I whipped these bad boys up today and they are fabulous and really, the easiest cookies that you could imagine.  No formal recipe, just follow along the steps, won't you?


Start with a standard bag of sweetened coconut.








Add some chopped dried cherries. About 1/2 to 3/4 a cup.










Then chop up some chocolate chips, or use the mini chips, which I didn't have, and hey, I'm cleaning out the cabinet so it works.   About half a cup as well...or more or less, whatever gets you going.








Here's where the magic happens:  Add one small can of sweetened condensed milk...










And a teaspoon of vanilla.  That's all of the ingredients.  See, I told you.  Simple.












Mix well.









Drop onto cookie sheet greased or sprayed with Pam.  This is important if you want to be able to remove more than half of the cookie from the sheet.  Trust me here.







Bake for 10-12 minutes at 400 degrees to get them as golden as you like.  Try not to eat them all straight off of the pan.

5 comments:

heartnsoulcooking said...

What a YUMMY!!! idea, the combination sound GREAT!!!
Geri

Suzanne said...

I am cleaning my pantry out at the moment as well. It's amazing what you can make with what's left. I am making a Christmas cake from all the left over dried fruit and nuts. As long as I can make up 1kg of fruit and nuts, the combination doesn't really matter. Let's see how it turns out!

These cookies look really yummy!

Storybook Woods said...

These sound delish !!!!! Clarice

Jenna said...

Oh yes I love recipes like this!! Looks yummy. Thanks for sharing with Holiday Treats week.

Jerri said...

Great recipe! My husband loves macaroons!

I hope you'll stop by and link up today at my Christmas recipe party!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you...thanks for leaving a message!