FNCC Challenge: George Duran Artichoke Tuna Salad


Really good if you're wanting some extra zip and tangyness.  I like a little more crunch in my tuna salad so I would probably add celery to this. Join the rest of us at I Blame My Mother for more entries...

Artichoke Tuna Salad
Adapted from George Duran's recipe

Ingredients

 



  •  2 (6-ounce) cans solid white tuna in water, drained


  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 4 canned artichoke hearts, chopped
  • 2 scallions, chopped, white and green parts
  • 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • 6 dashes hot sauce, or to taste
  • Kosher salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper

Directions

Combine all the ingredients and mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings. Use as a sandwich filling with your favorite bread. It makes a great open-faced tuna melt by topping the tuna with cheese and putting it under the broiler for a few minutes. Or mound it on top of cooked slices of eggplant or portobello mushrooms for a breadless treat.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

After I wrote my "assignment" post I looked through his recipes and have already book marker 4 that I want to try right away. None of which are like the first recipe I saw :) He does have some good stuff! I would like this tuna recipe. I like chopped up dill pickles in my tuna, so articokes would be right up my alley! Thanks so much for posting. You must have gotten really ahead ;) Hope your Christmas is nice and your travel is safe!

heartnsoulcooking said...

I like the combination of flavors in this recipe, sounds YUMMY!!!
I have given you an AWARD!!! come by and visit my blog so you can receive it.
Geri

Velva said...

Nothing beats a good tuna salad! Happy New Year to you and your family.
I hope you are settled into your new home.

mub said...

I ALMOST made this but the store was out of artichokes when I went. Yum!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you...thanks for leaving a message!