Menu Plan Monday: Lots of work this week!

Next weekend is our first SCA event here in Jacksonville.  For the unitiated, the SCA stands for Society for Creative Anachronism.  We're a group of people who recreate and re-enact the time period between 500AD-1600AD.  We're a fun group of crazies who love learning martial arts of the period,

 
(this is my handsome husband, he's recreating a 16th century samurai)



costuming,

 
(The whole group of us in Naples.  I really need a picture that isn't of me at 5 months pregnant with twins, especially since they're 15 months now.)


and basically doing everything MOSTLY how things were done back then (minus the misogyny and plague.)  I'm in need of some new gowns for my period (roughly 1190) so I'll be working on that this week. The kids could use a few things also.


Add that to the fact that I'm still technically unpacking boxes.  I'm down to the stuff we've had in basements and storage that we don't regularly look at, but still needs to be done.  I'm completely burnt out on unpacking, but I'm forcing myself to do a bit a day. On to the menu:

Sunday:  We had Blueberry French Toast, bacon and eggs in a basket cut with the heart shaped cutter for breakfast, pizza in St. Augustine's Old Town for lunch and for dinner we celebrated Chinese new year with Pioneer woman's Asian Noodle Salad,  this bourbon chicken that I didn't take good photos of but was fantastic, rice, fortune cookies and orange slices. I also got the have Sake for the first time in 3 years, because it just wasn't available in Naples.

Monday:  Guy Fieri's Jagerschnitzel in Mushroom Gravy (for FNCC) and spaetzel. I'll also be baking some king cake.

Tuesday:  Happy Mardi Gras! Crockpot jambalaya and the king cake that I made on Monday.

Wednesday:  Giada DiLaurentis' Beef and Cheese Manicotti for FNCC.  Also some cinnamon raisin bread for BBA challenge.

Thursday:  Amish Breakfast Casserole, bacon, biscuits.

Friday:  Cheeseburger Mac, chocolate almond torte.

Saturday:  The SCA event.  We don't stay for feast because they tend to run at least 2-3 hours and the kids just don't hang for that so we'll probably do drive through on the way home.



Join us for more menus and ideas at orgjunkie.com!

1 comments:

Rona's Home Page said...

How fun to dress in costume.
I'm always on the lookout for yummy menu choices. We're still having to watch our pennies.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you...thanks for leaving a message!