Book Review: Four Seasons in Rome: On Twins, Insomnia and the Biggest Funeral In The World

 I expected to like this book much more than I actually did considering what the author and I have in common.  Like him, I lived in Italy, though it was Naples instead of Rome.  Also like him I have twins which I had there.  Sure there were moments where I did chuckle a bit over tales of him, his wife and the twins and I did recognize similarities in my experiences in Italy with what he posted but there is where my entertainment with the book ended.  While I found his explanations of art and history interesting, mostly I felt that this book was tedious and very difficult to get through.  If you're interested in traveling to Roma, especially with kids and most especially with twins you may find it interesting even though I did not.

This book completes one category in the Four Month Challenge.

1 comments:

Velva said...

Okay, this book will not be on my reading list. Another great book review Gina.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you...thanks for leaving a message!